Feeding birds is not only a fun educational activity that you can do with your family, but it also serves an important and necessary role for the birds. By feeding the little creatures, you are helping them by providing essential nutrients that are not always found in the food they gather for themselves in the outdoors. But, you'll find the occasional squirrels trying to feed off the seeds left out for the birds!
While squirrels are cute and adorable, they can be a big problem and a hindrance. They have a tendency to steal the bird food and scare the little birds away! That’s why a squirrel proof feeder is essential for preventing squirrels from mounting on the feeder and stealing all the food that isn’t for them (sorry squirrels!)
Squirrel proof bird feeders are extremely effective at keeping squirrels away, but some just work better than others. While some claim to be squirrel proof, they are not and would not hold up against the squirrels overtime. This is a big problem because your food supply can be gone within the first few days of you filling it. The little pesky but adorable squirrels are quite determined at stuffing their cheeks full and will stop at nothing to eat all of your supply. They will cause damage to your bird feeder by chewing and gnawing on the feeder if they think it will get them closer to the seeds. So, it’s crucial to make sure that the bird feeder that you are interested in purchasing is resistant against the mighty teeth and hunger of the squirrels!
If you're short on time, here's my recommended choice for the best squirrel proof bird feeder! I think this is an excellent choice to begin with!
Throughout the course of buying several squirrel proof bird feeders over the span of several years, I’ve found that the best ones often use the weight of the squirrels against them. This makes it incredibly difficult for the most persistent squirrels to get access to the food as their weight closes the feeding ports. This is great because not even the cleverest squirrels are able to escape from their own weight.
Since not all bird feeders are actually squirrel proof, it’s very important to know where your money is going and to buy bird feeders that work! I’ve compiled a list of the top 7 best squirrel proof bird feeder that I own and have used throughout many years of feeding backyard birds. All of these are great options, but there’s no denying that some perform a tad bit better. Also, I wanted to make sure to provide several options in case you are looking for specific bird feeders, need specific measurements or would like affordable options because you may be interested in feeding birds, but don' want to shell out a ton of money (which is totally understandable, and something I did myself before deciding that I wanted to take up bird feeding as a full-time hobby). Towards the end of this article, I provide some extra information on bird feeding to ensure that the visiting birds are happily feeding and playing in your garden!
The Top 7 Best Squirrel Proof Feeders Reviewed and Ranked
Before I get into the 7 best squirrel proof feeders, it’s important that I address the different types of bird feeders that are available on the market!
There are many types of squirrel proof bird feeders that are designed to attract specific birds. There are 3 types of bird feeders that are commonly available in the market. Whatever choice you make concerning your bird feeder, you want to make sure that you pick a bird feeder (or several, more is always good) that look pretty in your backyard and perform excellently!
The most common squirrel proof bird feeders are designed to prevent the squirrels from eating the bird seeds by triggering a release mechanism. The weight of the squirrels activates the mechanism which blocks the squirrels from gaining access to the food without harming them. These typically utilize their weight against them, which also prevents them from chewing their way to the food.
The most effective bird feeder of this sort is this one.
Droll Yankees Yankee Flipper Squirrel Proof Bird Feeder with 4 Ports
- Holds up to 5 lbs/2.27 kg of bird feed and distributes the seeds through 4 feeding ports
- Dimensions: 5″ x 8.5″ x 28.5″
- Motorized perch ring spins triggered by the weight of the squirrel hopping on the perches
- Battery operated and includes an AC/DC adapter
- The tube is made from UV and it’s clear, which lets you know when the bird seeds run out!
The Droll Yankees Yankee Flipper is a great squirrel proof bird feeder that keeps annoying squirrels away. It’s interesting (and kind of fun) to watch the squirrels spinning around the bird feeder. Once the squirrels mount the feeder, the wheel will start spinning. Don’t worry, the spinning wheel won’t hurt the squirrels, it just keeps them away from eating the bird seeds. The tube feeder, which measures around 17-inch/43 cm, makes the squirrels slip and prevents them from feeding on the bird feeder.
This is an excellent squirrel proof bird feeder for the value and the lifetime warranty that is provided upon purchasing this product! This bird feeder works with all types of birds as well as bigger birds but won’t give access to squirrels. The body of this squirrel proof bird feeder is resistant against chipping and prevents squirrels from munching and chewing on the bird feeder.
The large capacity of 5 lbs/2.27 kg will keep your bird seeds staying fresh and lasting longer! This particular model is designed to last many years. The UV clear feeding tube won't discolor or break over time, even through difficult weather. The bird feeder is easy to clean and can be filled with all sorts of seeds, but it works best with black-oil sunflower seeds (which all birds love). The squirrel proof bird feeder can be hung by the wires!
The four feeding chambers create a relaxing and enjoyable feeding experience for the birds. The weight of the squirrels sets off the motor that is connected to the perch ring which takes the squirrels on a little fun ride before they fall on the floor. However, heavier birds are able to feed themselves freely if you set it accordingly. The forest green color of the bird feeder compliments the look of many backyards!Here's a short video of the squirrels going on a fun little ride when they try to hop on the Yankee Flipper Bird Feeder!
- One of the most entertaining to watch squirrel proof bird feeders that do not cause any harm to the squirrels. Some persistent squirrels will keep on trying, but most won’t.
- Lifetime warranty for the feeder; easy to clean and resistant in all weathers
- Holds 5 lbs/2.27 kg of seeds with 4 feeding ports which provides ample bird seeds for the visiting birds
- 100% squirrel proof: the seed tube is tall, and the squirrels slide down the seed ports and the cap is too heavy for the squirrels to lift up!
- This isn’t particularly a con but it’s important to know that this type of bird feeder can only be hung! So, if you are looking for a feeder that can be mounted on a pole, this isn’t the right one for you!
- I would also suggest to not use mixed seeds because the smaller seeds like milo and millets can fall out of the feeding holes. Rather, you can use sunflower seeds that won’t fall out of the feeder.
This is one of the best squirrel proof bird feeders with wire cages. It’s especially effective for thistle/nyjer seeds that are much smaller than regular seeds and can easily fall out from regular bird feeders.
Squirrel Buster Finch Squirrel Proof Bird Feeder with 4 Metal Perches and 8 Feeding Ports
- Holds 2.4 lbs/1.09 kg of only nyjer/thistle seeds
- Dimensions: 4” x 4” x 20”
- Transparent seed tubes hold solar energy, allowing for hot air and humidity to escape while keeping the seeds fresh
- Chew-proof and resistant to chipping and harsh weathers
- Easy to dismantle without additional tools
The Squirrel Buster Finch is a great squirrel proof bird feeder that works well with nyjer/thistle seeds, which are especially small and can easily fall out of traditional squirrel proof bird feeders. The weight of squirrels automatically closes access to the bird seeds. When squirrels try to access the seeds, the ports to the bird feed are closed off. The seeds are kept fresh with the passing of warm air to escape from the feeder. This bird feeder is effective for feeding thistle/nyjer to finches, goldfinches, and similar types of birds. Around 2.4 lbs/1.09 kg of thistle/nyjer seeds can be stored in the feeder. The mechanism on this bird feeder prevents seeds from spilling to the ground, which can attract squirrels.
The feeder needs to be hung in clearance of at least 16-inch/40 cm to prevent squirrels from jumping onto the feeder. You can use brackets, extension hooks, and tree hooks to hang your feeder on a tree, a fence, on a window, or anywhere your heart desires in your garden! Birds can easily cling onto metal mesh spots on the feeder. Many birds can feed simultaneously, and the seed-level indicator lets you know when it is time to refill with seeds. It's easy to dismantle and clean effectively to prevent contamination.
The Squirrel Buster Finch feeder is chew proof and resistant to the teeth of the squirrels. The negative grip tube of the feeder doesn’t allow for the squirrels to grab onto the wire hanger and eat from the feeder. This bird feeder is excellent for providing movement and activities for the birds to jump from the perching to the clinging area.
- Excellent at attracting finches and similar types (woodpeckers love it too)
- Made with durable and strong material, easy to clean.
- A seed level indicator lets you know when it’s time to refill the seeds and will also let you know when you have reached the maximum seed level.
- Great customer service and Brome will replace/fix any issues!
- Extremely effective at keeping squirrels away (they find it too complicated to operate so they don’t bother with it).
- It’s important to note that it only works with nyjer/thistle seeds (this is not necessarily a con, but mostly limiting if you want to store mixed-nuts for your friendly birds!)
- Holds a small amount of bird seed compared to other feeders, however since the seeds are so small, your supply will typically last longer.
Droll Yankees SQG 15-Inch Green Dome Squirrel Guard
- 15-inch/38 cm dome provides freshness for your bird seeds and protection against rain and wet weathers in general
- Works incredibly well overall bird feeders to make it more resistant for squirrels
- Offers birds protection and shelter while they are feeding
The Droll Yankee SQG 15-Inch Dome is a big dome measuring 15-inch/38 cm, it’s quite hard for the squirrels to land on top of it as they just slip off! It also provides a protective shield for the birds. It’s also effective during rainy weather and prevents water from spoiling the seeds. It’s a great additional tool to add over any bird feeder to make it extra resistant against pesky little squirrels. If you have a regular old bird feeder at home that you love but the squirrels cannot seem to keep their furry paws off of it, you can place this dome on top of the feeder to make it squirrel proof. Unlike other domes, this one stays put in tough, windy weather and doesn't have a tendency to flop around. It's built quite sturdy and it's easy to clean!
- Heavy-duty dome that effectively keeps squirrels away from hungry birds
- Easy to install and to clean periodically (I clean mine especially every 2 months, and more frequently during cold, humid weathers like winter).
- The brass rod can be adjusted to change the height of the dome.
- Quite expensive, but it's worth it especially if your backyard is home to hungry little squirrels who will do everything they can to eat your bird seed supplies!
Now that I’ve established the different types of bird feeders, let’s discuss the remaining best squirrel proof bird feeders.
Woodland Absolute II Squirrel Resistant Bird Feeder Model 7536
- Holds up to 12 lbs/5.44 kg of bird seeds
- Dimensions: 15" x 16" x 11.25"
- Made of chew-resistant material, ultimately getting the squirrels from chewing on the feeder
- Adjustable weight can be used to prevent certain heavier birds and squirrels from landing on the feeder
- Comes with a steel hanging rod and a pole mounting kit
The Woodlink Absolute Squirrel Proof Bird Feeder 7536 is an excellent bird feeder because it is able to hold a large capacity of bird seed. The larger body allows for less frequent feeding and more food for the birds! I've gone several weeks without needing to refill because there's so much food available for our little friends! It’s also easy for cleaning and refilling.
What’s especially convenient about this bird feeder is that it features a double-sided feeder so it can attract more birds, while providing you with a beautiful view! You can also adjust the weight to keep away larger birds and squirrels with the spring-activated perches. The access to the bird seeds is immediately closed off when a heavier bird (like pigeons, jays, doves) and squirrels try to eat from the feeder. The locking latch conveniently secures itself to also prevent squirrels from stealing the food. A pole mount of around 5 ft/152. 4 cm is also provided as well as a steel hanging rod for your convenience!
This is a pleasant and well-equipped squirrel proof bird feeder that can attract many types of birds! The weight-adjustable perches can be set to allow light, medium or heavy birds on the feeder, but will ensure that the squirrels cannot get access to the seeds without causing any harm to them. Squirrels will be unsuccessful at chewing on the body of this bird feeder because of the steel construction. The larger capacity of this bird feeder can store up to 12 lbs/5.44 kg of bird feed, such as mixed seeds, sunflower seeds, peanut halves, safflower seeds, and many more! What’s great about the larger capacity is that it requires less filling and food will not go to waste because of the no-waste seed saver baffle that prevents the seeds from falling to the ground, effectively preventing the growth of bacteria on the ground. During warm, wet, and snowy weather, the bird seeds will remain dry as the steel body prevents water from seeping to the seeds. This bird feeder comes packaged fully assembled and you can hang or mount this bird feeder anywhere in your garden (provided it's safe for the birds and convenient for you).
- Resistant to all weathers and keeps water and humidity out of the feeder ensuring fresh bird feed
- Impressive construction built to last for many years
- Two feeding stations for your birds to feed happily on all sides!
- Squirrel proof and weight can also be adjusted to keep away larger birds
- Easy to fill and holds a large capacity of seeds
- No-waste seed save baffle technology prevents seeds from spilling onto the ground and going to waste/attracting squirrels
- While this is one of the best feeders on the market, I would have to let you know that it's best to not hang this feeder especially if the squirrels in your backyard are big jumpers. You can reinforce the hooks with cope wires to make the feeder much more resilient! But, I prefer mine mounted on a pole because it looks adorable!
Droll Yankees New Generation Peanut Birdfeeder
- Holds up to 1 lb/0.45 kg of bird seeds
- Dimensions: 2.5" x 2.5" x 17.5"
- 1/4" stainless steel wire mesh for birds to clean onto
- Mess-free, easy and quick cleaning
- A popular feeder for attracting woodpeckers
- Can store peanuts and black-oil sunflower seeds without spillage
The Droll Yankees New Generation Peanut Birdfeeder is a great choice if you would like to buy yourself a squirrel proof bird feeder that is specifically designed for peanuts, the Droll Yankees New Generation Peanut Birdfeeder is an excellent bird feeder for attracting larger birds with peanuts! This is a great, well-made squirrel proof bird feeder with strong wire metal mesh that is easy for the birds to land on while they are feeding. This feeder supports a maximum weight of 1 lb/0.45 kg of peanuts, peanut mix, and black-oil sunflower seeds. An internal baffle is included so seeds and peanuts don’t spill out from the feeders while pushing the seeds towards birds. This bird feeder can be hung or mounted on a pole, although it performs better when hung.
The squirrel proof bird feeder is designed for durability and the wires are chew-proof to prevent damage from the squirrels' teeth. This feeder can be easily filled up with bird feed and cleaned by sliding the metal cap. The design of the feeder lets you promptly know when it is time to refill. The internal baffle ensures nuts or seeds are directed out of the center of the feeder to the mesh cage where birds can easy and conveniently reach them. The parts of this feeder are constructed from metal, making them chew-proof and resistant to squirrels and chipping. The feeder is backed up with a lifetime warranty, which provides security in case of accidental damages.
What makes this bird feeder different from other bird feeders is that it holds up unshelled peanuts without causing spoilage in wet and humid weather. This bird feeder is a favorite amongst woodpeckers, especially! Your birds will love it and squirrels will wish they can try to eat from it but will be quickly disappointed to learn that it isn't for them!
- Easy to clean and fill up, extremely sturdy and durable feeder
- Easy for many birds to land anywhere on the feeder due to the design
- Works extremely well with peanuts and black-oil sunflower seeds and prevents them from falling from the feeder
- Prevents peanuts and seeds from spoiling in wet weather
- Top lid is easy to close and cannot be opened by squirrels
- Not all birds enjoy eating shelled peanuts and it's preferable to feed birds a variety of foods (and not only peanuts), it's best to incorporate other feeders or occasionally switch from peanuts to other bird seeds.
- Smaller maximum capacity requiring more frequent fill-ups
Brome Squirrel Solution 200 with 6 Feeding Ports Bird Feeder
- Holds 3.4 lbs/ 1.54 kg of bird seeds (black sunflower, safflower, mixed seeds).
- Dimensions: 20" x 4" x 20"
- Easy assembly and disassembly, no additional tools are required.
- Includes a free seed funnel
- Lets you know how much seeds you have left and how much you need to fill
The Squirrel Solution 200 by Brome is undoubtedly one of my favorite squirrel proof bird feeders. This bird feeder is designed to attract birds while preventing the squirrels from stuffing the mouths with food that doesn’t belong to them.
It’s made to keep the seeds dry and fresh even in wet weather conditions. It’s incredibly easy and fast to set up but also easy to disassemble for cleaning and refilling with bird seeds. This is crucial for preventing the growth of diseases, bacteria, and mold from accumulating and threatening the health of the birds. No additional tools are required for assembly and disassembly, your hands should suffice.
The weight of the squirrels is what triggers the mechanism to shut down. But, it’s still important to keep a clearance of at least 18-inches/ 47 cm to prevent squirrels from hopping on the feeder. The feeding ports close off to the squirrels. They may try a few more times because they are just that persistent but won’t be able to get access to the food. The cute and sneaky squirrels will not be harmed in any manner, which is also important. You want to make sure that the squirrel proof bird feeders do not cause harm or injure the squirrels.
With the Brome Squirrel Solution 200, you can arrange your bird feeder anywhere in your backyard. I like to place mine hanging from a tree, but you can also put it near a kitchen window, poles, shrubs, bushes, or fences but be careful to not place it near an area where predators lurk (cats and squirrels). Make sure to place the bird feeder in an area that is easy for the birds to locate but is also sheltered from dangerous predators. After all, you want to make sure that the hungry birds have a relaxing experience while visiting your backyard.
All in all, you’ll save money and seed with this squirrel proof bird feeder because the squirrels won’t get any access to the food. This is due to the exceptional well-built weight distribution and design of the closing feeding ports on this bird feeder. Just make sure to not use seeds that are too small as they may fall from the feeding ports which could be wasteful and lead to diseases growing on the ground or little pesky creatures eating from the ground.Here’s a video on the Squirrel Solution 200 if you’re interested in purchasing. The reviewer goes in great detail showing what comes with the box, the instruction manual (for what weight to calibrate to in order to prevent bigger birds from perching and feeding) and happy little featured friends eating! He shows you how the mechanisms of this feeder operate. There are even a few segments where the troublemaker squirrels are trying to feed themselves but fail each time!
- Lifetime guarantee, if you encounter any problems, Brome will either fix the problem or replace the component for free!
- Squirrel proof and chew proof as the weight of the feeder is adjusted to prevent the squirrels from accessing the seeds. The feeding ports are automatically closed off and they do not cause any harm to the squirrels.
- Extremely sturdy, will not fall or be damaged if squirrels jump on top
- Quite a substantial amount of seeds can be lost especially if they are small and this can attract peskier furry squirrels or harbor diseases if they are not cleaned up.
Brome Squirrel Buster Classic with 4 Feeding Ports
- Holds up to 2.4 lbs/1.09 kg of bird seeds, which are dispersed through 4 feeding ports
- Dimensions: 4" x 4" x 21"
- Includes a weight-based mechanism that closes off the seed ports for squirrels
- Tube ventilation system allows for humidity and warm air to escape to keep the seeds fresh and moisture-free
The Brome Squirrel Buster Classic prevents squirrels from latching onto the feeder by closing the seed ports without causing harm to our furry annoying friends. Also, the chew proof material prevents the squirrels from dining to the core of the bird feeder. The negative grip tube is effective at preventing squirrels from doing their silly acrobatics, which they sometimes perform alone or in groups, to eat some seeds and nuts. This bird feeder is easy to assemble and take apart for effective and easy cleaning.
The ventilation system keeps the seeds fresh and delicious for the birds by discarding humid and hot air. The components and material of this bird feeder are constructed from UV stabilized materials and will keep your bird feeder looking brand new, even throughout many years! The look and design attract many types of birds who can happily feed and play around. It’s incredibly easy to hang anywhere with branch or extension hooks as well as wall brackets! Just make sure that there is a good amount of clearance (recommended around 18-inches/47 cm) so predators don’t try to jump on the birds while they are eating.
In general, the Brome feeders are some of the best squirrel proof and they are built with quality, sustainability and to provide a nice stress-free experience for the birds. It’s extremely hard for squirrels to feed on the feeders and they get frustrated trying to chew away at any metal parts! The warranty on their products ensures that you will get a replacement or they will fix any parts for you. Their customer service is excellent and a quick phone call can resolve any problems. Brome has a squirrel proof bird feeder for every bird lovers out there, and their products are guaranteed to last over humid and difficult weather for several years! I recommend most of their products. But if you're an avid bird enthusiastic like me, you surely have more than 1 feeder laying around in your garden. After all, the more bird feeders, the happier are the birds!You can watch this video by Brome on how the Squirrel Buster Classic works at preventing squirrels from eating their tummies full. Look at this little bugger trying so hard to get the seeds but failing! You can also see the birds perching and clinging on the wires. This video goes in great length to show the features of this feeder!
- Lifetime warranty on all Brome product
- Provides a fun and relaxing feeding for a large variety of birds who are visiting your backyard
- Squirrel proof but also prevents larger birds like Ravens and Crows
- Smaller seeds can sometimes spill to the ground which provides a nice little meal for the squirrels, so it is best to use black-oil sunflower seeds (which are convenient for all types of birds)
- Some of the very smart squirrels and larger birds can vigorously rock the feeder from side-to-side so seeds may fall out (especially smaller seeds) providing a nice delicious snack for our friends on the ground.
Some Extra Useful Tips and Tricks for Preventing Squirrels from Invading your Bird Feeders
Squirrels can spend all day trying to crack open bird feeders, no matter how indestructible and resilient they are. While they most likely are unsuccessful at getting to the seeds, these pesky little creatures can be an annoyance to you and the birds. Here are a few cheap yet extremely effective ways to prevent squirrels from getting to you these simple yet effective tips to further solidify your squirrel proof bird feeder.
- One of the most important and effective ways from preventing squirrels and other predatory animals like cats to hide and pounce on the birds is to make sure that your squirrel proof bird feeder is placed away from nearby obstacles like branches and bushes!
- Put some coconut oil or petroleum jelly on your poles that your bird feeders are mounted or hanging from. This will prevent the squirrels from climbing up the pole and reaching the bird feeders. You can see how effective this trick is in the video below! The squirrel looks kinda silly, doesn't it? But, you gotta give it to that little fighter!
Some of the best bird seeds are sunflower seeds because they can attract a wide variety of birds. However, some seeds can attract specific types of birds. Putting a variety of bird seeds can also attract a large variety of birds, but some birds will just sort through the seeds until the find the ones they like to eat. A quick list of some of the best bird seeds are peanuts, nuts, dry food, safflower, nyjer/ thistle, millet, etc. Make sure you also put out some clean drinking and bathing water for the birds to hydrate themselves and bathe themselves.
When and Where Should I Set Up my Bird Feeders?
I set my squirrel proof bird feeders all year around, but it’s especially important to feed the birds in the cold dreadful winter months when food is lacking. It’s still important to feed the birds in the summer and quite fun to see the different species of birds wandering about and feeding themselves in your backyard. Since birds prefer to feed on insects, it’s a good idea to keep your backyard well-maintained for birds to easily prey on insects.
Regarding setting up your bird feeders, you can let them hang from a tree branch! This is a prime spot because the birds can scour the area for potential threats and easily escape from dangerous situations. However, squirrels can also try to climb or jump onto the trees and try to steal all the bird feed for themselves, so it’s essential to make sure that your bird feeder is squirrel proof. You can also distract squirrels (and make them happy) by providing them with their own squirrel feeder!
Setting up your bird feeder under a tree can also lead to diseases if not taken care of properly! The bird droppings coupled with the bird feed can be a breeding ground for bacteria and may potentially damage the area. To prevent this, it’s crucial to relocate the bird feeders to other areas in the yard every month or so to give that area of the land ample time to rehabilitate. Make sure to clean and sweep up the ground where the old bird seeds and droppings are resting, because some birds will try to feed themselves on the disease-ridden bird feed. You can also cut the grass regularly to prevent infections.
If you are interested in learning about how to feed and attract birds in your garden, I recommend this video, which goes in great depth on how to feed birds, where to place the bird feeders, the different types of bird feed and bird feeders that are essential for attracting certain birds, providing water for hydration and bathing, and how to maintain a clean feeding space for birds. It is important to remember that while feeding birds is incredibly fun and therapeutic, it is necessary to ensure the safety and happiness of the birds that are visiting your garden.
What's the Best Way to Clean and Maintain my Squirrel Proof Bird Feeders?
It’s absolutely crucial to keep the bird feeders clean to minimize the spread of bacteria and diseases which could make the birds very sick and sometimes lead to permanent injuries. Every squirrel proof bird feeder provided on this list comes with an instructional manual on how to clean the bird feeders. You can also find instructional videos on how to clean the very same model of bird feeder by doing a quick YouTube search if you are still unsure about how to clean it up! Regardless, here are general instructions on how to clean your bird feeders so you make them last for several years!
- Empty all the bird feed from the squirrel proof bird feeder and remove the components according to the instructions.
- Use warm water with soap (which is the best option for the health of the birds, avoid disinfectant or bleach) to clean any food particles. You may also use vinegar but I find that soap is just fine!
- Use a bottle bird feeder brush to thoroughly scrub dried-up food particles and clean your bird feeders. Start by cleaning the base of the feeder and move on to the tube.
- Air dry completely before storing fresh bird seed (never use old bird seed to prevent the spread of diseases).
It’s ideal to clean your bird feeders at least once every few weeks. During warmer weather, it’s recommended to clean your bird feeders more often and that will entirely depend on you (I wash mine once a week to ensure that there are no diseases spread around which could be incredibly dangerous for the birds). Ideally, it’s best to clean every 2-3 weeks, but make sure you clean at least once a month!
While all of the squirrel proof bird feeders provided in this list are excellent choices, I would have to say that some perform better than others! My favorite pick is the Droll Yankees Yankee Flipper mainly because I've had it for over 7 years, it's proven to be resistant during difficult and uneasy weather, it looks absolutely beautiful in my backyard and holds a substantial amount of seeds! I have to admit, the little squirrels going in a ride is always fun to watch! Regardless of the bird feeder you choose for yourself and your feathered friends, I can assure you that you will have an amazing, relaxing, and entertaining experience watching birds feeding and squirrels trying to mess with the feeders. It will surely bring lots of smiles and laughters to you and your family!