The best place for a bird feeder is where that is best for you as well as the birds. Bear in mind, that part of the fun is being able to watch them while they feed. The birds will only come to a feeder if they feel safe. So, to attract more birds a feeder must be out of reach from predators, in a quiet place and near to a safer place. Also, the best for hanging bird feeders since birds like to feed in the sun and out of the wind. They also prefer to have a clear view of their feeding area so they can see any predators.
Most people like to hang bird feeders near a window so they can see the energetic and tiny birds visiting the feeder. Also, you can get seed feeders that work well on or near windows. The same feeders bring birds close to you and make them easier to see. What’s more beneficial than watching birds up close from the comfort of your home?
Tips on where to Hang Bird Feeder
In considering adding a feeder at your window or near your window make sure that you have the right and sure material. Suction cup mounts help the feeder to stick to your window, you can also use a string. Also, chain or wire to drop the feeder down below the roofline so you can watch the birds. It is not easy to just put a bird feeder around your home, you need to consider some factors. In this article, we will find the best place to hang the bird feeders around your home.
To begin with, it must be accessible to you. In this way, you can watch the activity and enjoy the birds. It also allows you to see when the feeder needs to replenish or clean and lets you gain access to do so. One place you can put the bird feeders is at your window. There are choices on how to hang it with extra accessories needed on it.
Quiet and Peaceful
While we are eating we don’t want to be disturbed. The same with the birds, they prefer somewhere a little quieter and safer, away from human traffic and busy areas. Putting your feeder near to a child’s play area is not going to make birds want to feed. Moreover, a bird feeder near a patio area where people are often active is not ideal.
If the feeder is hidden from view fewer birds will find it. Also, if birds are not often in your garden they will likely be flying over it to get to other feeders. Place the feeder in a more visible, less sheltered spot that will allow a bird to see it from the air. As they see it after some time they will start to come to investigate.
A Place of Safety
A bolt hole is what like the birds, a place of safety they can quickly dart into to escape a threat or to sit and watch, waiting for their turn. For a better way to provide this for them by placing a bird feeder near some natural shelter. The best distance to locate a feeder from a wall or window of your home or a foothold is around a minimum of 18inches. Or far enough away that anything lurking there can get them and close enough they can get in fast if they sense danger.
Predators and Bullies
Importantly, a bird feeder must not be too close to fence lines, overhead cables, and tree branches. The two main reasons for this are cats or other predators and squirrels. Bird feeders must be far enough away from such access and launching points that cats and squirrels can use to get to them.
Two Best Hanging Bird Feeder
1) Window Bird Feeder with Sliding Feed Tray
- THE BEST GIFT FOR BIRD AND CAT LOVERS! See colorful wild birds from up close. Just sit in your kitchen and have fun discovering wild birds. Suitable for finch, cardinals, woodpecker, jay, bluejay, robin, goldfinch and hundreds of other bird varieties. Just set up your camera and enjoy!
- SLIDING SEED TRAY MAKES IT EASY TO FILL, AND CLEAN. No need to remove the whole feeder. Simply slide the dispenser out and fill, with no mess! The sliding tray holds up to two cups of bird seed. Four HEAVY DUTY SUCTION CUPS ensure your birdfeeder is out of squirrels reach and will never fall. Ever.
Perfect gift for bird lovers. This is the best choice for a house without a tree in their garden. You can see all kinds of colorful wild birds from up close. You will just sit in your kitchen and have fun discovering your garden birds without going out. This bird feeder fits on any plain glass windows.
With an easy sliding seed tray for easy to fill and clean. No need to discard the whole feeder if you want to refill it with feeds. Just slide the patented tree out, fill with feeds and slide back in. With two kinds of feeds to fill in a sliding tray that can hold up one cup each feed. A heavy-duty four suction cups that ensure your birdfeeder is out of reach of squirrels and surely will not fall.
Made from high premium quality materials that won’t break and discolor which only brings joy for a long time to come.
- 100% squirrel proof feeder
- No assembly needed
- Lifetime Guaranteed
- Only use for glass windows
2) Squirrel-proof Bird Feeder w/4 Metal Perches
- LIFETIME CARE: you only need to buy one of our products, and we will guarantee to service your feeder for free for the rest of your life!
- TRULY SQUIRREL PROOF: the weight of an adult squirrel automatically closes the shroud denying access to seed.
Another great option for certified for bird lovers, this is a squirrel-proof feeder. It also attracts a range of perching birds like Chickadees, American Goldfinches, Hairy Woodpeckers, Indigo Buntings, Cardinals, Rose-Breasted Grosbeaks, and Purple Finches.
The opening section at the bottom of the metal mesh covers aligns along the seed tray, that provides access to the food. If the squirrel hops into the feeder, the weight it exerts will automatically latch the covers down. This will close the access to the food source. Also, squirrels and larger birds will be blocked from gaining access on the seed.
- Can hang anywhere with 18inches space from the feeder.
- Seed-ventilating System
- UV resistant keeping the feeder looks new
Three Types of Bird Feeder
1) Droll Yankees Squirrel-Proof Bird Feeder
- SQUIRREL-PROOF: The motorized perch ring is designed to start spinning under the weight of a squirrel to 'flip' the squirrel off the bird feeder
- CAPACITY: Tube bird feeder holds up to five pounds of birdseed and has four feeding ports
This tube bird feeder has a capacity of up to five pounds of birdseed with four ports. It is efficient with internal baffles evenly dispersed seed to all four ports. Dolly Yankee is a squirrel proof with a modern perch ring if triggered by the weight of a squirrel. As the squirrel jumps into ring, it will spin, which will take the squirrel for a fun whirl. With durability, it is a powder-coated metal base and cap, with UV stabilized polycarbonate tube. With heavy metal, its cap latches properly on the tube. This prevents squirrels from lifting the barrier to access the seed.
- Large Capacity
- Durable construction
- Squirrel-proof design
- Not enough ventilation for the seeds.
2) Perky-Pet Feeder Home with Chimney
- Weight-activated seed protection covers ports under a squirrel’s weight
- Tough all-metal construction with removable roof for easy filling
Make your garden into a bird lover’s paradise with the help of the Perky-Pet Homestyle bird feeder. This feeder attracts a wide range of birds: from finches, flickers, cardinals, and grackles to grosbeaks, juncos, and even kinglets. Most of all, the bird feeder gives an excellent feeding station. There is no place for sneaky squirrels and other wildlife.
- Holds up to 8 lbs of seed
- With various ways to hang or pole mounted for ideal placement.
- Tough metal construction
- Not enough ventilation
3) Hanging Window Bird Feeder
A pure design of crystal clear for all the people to appreciate the birds up-close. The design has a removable platform for easy refills and cleans without moving away from the suction cup. Perfect for rain or shine weather, with waterproof housing, feed tray drain holes, extended roof, and three suction cups. The drain holes help the seed to stay dry and free from mold and mildew.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Metal frame for durability and stability
- Can see wild birds up close.
- Only use for glass window
Bird feeders can hang anywhere even you do not have a tree in your garden. For as long as the birds are safe. When hanging the bird feeders you need to consider the above tips so that you can attract more various birds. Conveniently, hanging feeders are easy since it’s designed for a variety of birds. If you know where to hand and how to install a feeder, you can enjoy years of bird flocking in your garden However, most bird feeders attract squirrels and other wildlife searching for meals.