It is fun feeding the birds like a hummingbird in our garden. In making the hummingbird nectar there is no need to boil the water. Hummingbirds flap their wings at a speed averaging 70 times a minute. Their heart rate can reach up to 1,260 beats per minute. To give energy to meet the high level of their metabolism, they have to eat sugar half of their weight every day. Meaning they must feed every 10 to 15 minutes. Hummingbird feeders placed in your garden will provide these little birds quality energy they need.
There are only two ingredients needed in making the Hummingbird’s nectar with a ratio of 4 to 1. Four measures of water and one measure of sugar, make sure no other kinds of sugar to use in making the nectar. Or organic sugar, artificial sugar, though they are healthy to us as humans, not with Hummingbirds it is toxic to them.
Mostly, all kinds of sugar are not purified which the iron is not eliminated from the sugar. Wherein the iron is not good for the hummingbirds. So, avoid using one of these kinds of sugars, always use white table sugar. Synthetic sweeteners, however, like Splenda do not have real sugar that hummingbird can use. On the other hand, honey can trigger fungal overgrowth.
The direction in making Hummingbirds Nectar without boiling:
- It is optional to heat the water. Still, there is no need to boil the water in making the hummingbirds nectar. Though it’s easier to dissolve the sugar when the water is hot. There is no need to boil the water, just keep it warm. Use the microwave to heat the water in just a few minutes. You can also use the hottest tap water available from your faucet.
- Use clean containers. It is better to use a pitcher, mix the sugar and the water. Mix the sugar in increments while you stir the mixture with a spoon.
- After the sugar has fully melted, let the mixture cool before you put it in the feeder.
- When there is remaining mixture, you can place it in the fridge for about two weeks. In doing this, it is easier to refill the feeder quickly and easily.
- Importantly, do not use red dye in the nectar. This doesn’t attract the birds and could be unsafe for the hummingbirds.
The Best Available Hummingbirds Nectar in the Market
However, if you have no time to prepare sugar water in your home, there are available hummingbirds nectar in the market that you can choose.
1) Humbrd Nectar RTU 1.5l
- NATURALLY INFUSED WITH WHAT HUMMINGIRDS CRAVE: Infused with chemical free, steam-distilled wildflower waters, naturally made from the most desirable food sources that hummingbirds actively seek out in nature.
- EVERYTHING YOUR HUMMINGBIRDS NEED: All of our nectars are made with pure cane sugar and carefully fortified with calcium and electrolytes to help aid healthy eggshell growth and eliminate dehydration.
This hummingbird’s nectar is naturally infused which the little tiny birds crave. It is steamed-distilled wildflower waters. With naturally made from the most desirable food source that hummingbird actively finds in nature. This nectar is purely made from cane sugar extract and thoroughly enhanced with calcium and electrolytes to help healthy eggshell growth and to stop dehydration.
- Made from pure cane sugar
- Ready to use
2) Perky-Pet Hummingbird Nectar Concentrate
- Bird preferred – 100% sucrose formula
- No artificial colors or dyes
This product helps get your hummingbird feeder up and running fast. They will be grateful for the beneficial food source, and hummingbird enthusiasts can put their feet up and enjoy watching the radiant bird buzzing about and dining at the feeder.
- No dye formula
- 100% high energy sugar
- Ideal and necessary food source
- Need to mix with water
Other Best Choices of Hummingbirds Nectar
1) EZNectar All-Natural Hummingbird Nectar Concentrate Powder
- EZNectar will donate 100% of its profits to healthy bird and pollinator preservation causes
- No dyes or preservatives - all-natural. Made with 100% finely ground sucrose
No preservative made with 100% finely ground sucrose. Just mix with warm water no need to boil the water. The bottle can make up to 64 0z and maintain the recommended 20% sugar content.
- 100% natural
- No preservative
- Not ready to use.
2) Kaytee Hummingbird Electronectar
- Naturally clear hummingbird nectar formula
- Ready to use. Do not add sugar or water
It is made from natural clear hummingbird nectar formula. No need to add sugar or water, it is ready to use formula. No added coloring. It is better to shake well before use and refrigerate after opening.
- Naturally clear nectar
- Ready to use.
- Provide more energy to hummingbirds
- Better than homemade nectar
- Need to shake before use
3) More Birds Red Powdered Nectar for Hummingbirds
No products found.
A powder hummingbird nectar just adds tap water and mix no need to boil. Resemble the nectar from flowers both in taste and appearance. With 8 ounces of powder makes 48 fluids ounces of nectar, which makes as much or little as you need.
- Taste like flower nectar
- Affordable in price
Either homemade or ready made hummingbirds, the important is they are good and healthy for the hummingbird. In this way they will keep on coming back to your place.