It’s time to get your hunting gear ready. You know, the deer stand, the tree stand, and of course the rifle. You will need one more essential item before heading out into the woods: a scope mount for your Ruger AR 556 rifle.
- The Burris P. E. P. R. mount is perfect for mounting your scope forward on your personal protection rifle
Table of Contents
If you are in a hurry to purchase Best Ruger AR 556 Scope Mounts, and you want to make the best decision, here are our top 3 picks:
Top 3 Best Ruger AR 556 Scope Mounts
We have done our homework and found some of the best scope mounts on Amazon. Let us help you make sure that you purchase an excellent product for your weapon so that no matter where in the United States you choose to hunt this season, it will be a safe and successful journey.
These are the best scopes mounts you can get for your Ruger without breaking the bank or compromising quality. They’re very affordable and highly sturdy. My favorite thing about these scope mounts is how quick and easy they were to install.
Our review of the top seven Best Ruger AR 556 Scope Mounts has all the information you need to make an informed decision on what kind of scope mounts work best with your rifle. We’ve reviewed everything from durability to price and more.
1. Burris Optics Riflescope Mount
- The Burris P. E. P. R. mount is perfect for mounting your scope forward on your personal protection rifle
- The Proper Eye Position Ready (P.E.P.R.) mount provides 2″ of forward scope positioning room which will allow you to obtain proper eye relief and maintain a proper shooting position
- Dimensions: 10 x 7 x 2 inches
- Weight: 8.3 Ounces
Burris Optics is a leading provider of riflescope mounts. Burris offers both standards and quick detach options, with the ability to attach to either Picatinny or smooth rails. The Picatinny ring tops allow you to quickly remove your optics if need be, making them ideal for tactical situations. Choose between the standard attachment style or the quick detach option, allowing you to remove and replace your optic quickly.
The forward positioning of the scope gives you a better sight picture. It also reduces the rifle’s weight by moving some of the weight towards the rear of the gun. It is essential if your rifle has a heavy barrel or bull barrel. It will help to reduce muzzle flip and improve accuracy.
You can mount your scope further back on your AR15 without having to worry about zeroing it in at 100 yards again after mounting it farther forward than usual. The 1-inch ring spacing provides optimum eye relief and an entire field of view, helping to improve your accuracy.
2. Vortex Optics Sports Cantilever Riflescope Mount
- Use this cantilever mount for mounting 30 mm telescopic sights.
- The 2-inch offset of this cantilever mount positions the scope in a forward location, allowing the correct eye relief and head placement.
- Dimensions: 2.75 x 3.5 x 7.5 inches
- Weight: 6.7 Oz
Vortex Optics Sports Cantilever Riflescope Mounts are designed to position a 1-inch telescopic sight forward, offering the correct eye relief and head placement. The cantilever design of these mounts allows for increased scope clearance over the traditional ring and base systems.
This mount has a 2-inch offset that positions the scope in an ideal forward location, especially when using larger objective scopes or optic sights with raised objectives.
The cantilever ring mount positions the center of the riflescope tube at the height of 1.59 inches from the base, perfect when using high-powered optics.
The cantilever design also allows for more mounting options on rifles with top rails that extend over the receiver. The Vortex Optics Sports Cantilever Riflescope Mounts are precision machined from 6061-T6 aluminum and finished with a hard-coat anodized black finish. This Vortex cantilever ring mount is lightweight yet highly durable.
3. Monstrum Offset Cantilever Dual Ring Scope Mount
- Dimensions: 5.8 x 1 Inches
- Weight: 9 Oz
Monstrum Offset Cantilever Dual Ring Scope Mounts are designed to mount standard 1-inch tube rifle scopes. The offset design allows the scope to sit lower on the gun and closer to your eye, providing a more comfortable cheek weld. The cantilever design extends forward for optimal eye relief adjustment and mounting of larger diameter scopes.
This Dual Ring Scope Mount is engineered to mount directly to any flattop Picatinny rail-equipped rifle with no additional rings or bases required. Monstrum offset cantilever mount positions the center of the riflescope tube at a distance of 1.5” forward from the receiver, allowing for 2 inches of forwarding extension, allowing extra flexibility for optimum eye relief and shooting position.
The Monstrum Tactical Offset Cantilever Dual Ring Scope Mount is a lightweight, 6061 aluminum mount that provides an offset mounting position for your scope. This mount will also work with most factory recessed rings. Monstrum Offset Cantilever Dual Ring Scope Mount works for AR-15, SR25 and AR 556 Rifles.
4. Monstrum Slim Profile Scope Mount
- Dual ring scope mount for mounting standard 1 inch tube rifle scopes
- Slim profile design offers the weight of lightweight scope rings with the added rigidity and convenience of a one piece mount
- Dimensions: 5.5 x 1 Inches
- Weight: 5 Oz
Monstrum’s Slim Profile Scope Mount is the ideal mounting solution for standard 1-inch tube rifle scopes. This dual ring scope mount attaches to your Picatinny rail and positions the center of the scope tube at a height that provides maximum eye relief, making it perfect for use on short-barreled rifles.
Monstrum’s 6061 aluminum alloy construction makes this mount durable enough to withstand heavy recoil from even your most potent firearm. At the same time, its matte black finish ensures that it will not reflect light or give away your position in low-light conditions. This mount is built to withstand years of hard use while maintaining its integrity.
It is a lightweight, one-piece scope mount that offers lightweight rings with the added rigidity and convenience of a one-piece mount. The slim profile design provides superior optics mounting capabilities without sacrificing strength or stability. It is designed to mount to any flat top Picatinny rail-equipped rifle. The mount features a low-profile design that allows the shooter to bring their eye closer to the scope, increasing accuracy and speed.
5. BESTSIGHT Cantilever Picatinny Scope Mount
- 30mm scope mount with extra rings suitable for 1 inch scope mount ,20mm picatinny weaver rails
- [More Stable]Use of 6 screws in total is more stable and secure than 2 screws on standard mounts
- Dimensions: 5.2 x 1.2 x 3 inches
- Weight: 8 Oz
The BestSight Cantilever Picatinny Scope Mount is the ideal scope mount for your AR-15. It features a cantilever design; this mount raises your receiver’s scope to allow more room for your hand and provides a better cheek weld when shooting. The BestSight Cantilever Picatinny Scope Mount features two Picatinny rails that offer ample space for mounting optics, lights, or other accessories.
This cantilever scope mount is suitable for Picatinny Weaver rails and 1-inch scope mounts. It has a 30mm tube diameter, and the length of the tube is about 3 inches. The height of this scope mount is approximately 2 inches, which will give you a good sight picture when shooting. This mount has two extra rings that can be removed or added to make it shorter or longer.
The BESTSIGHT Cantilever Picatinny Scope Mount is a lightweight mount for high-quality aluminum alloy rifles. With this scope mount, you can easily attach your rifle scope to your AR 556 in an easier way. The scope mount fits all standard 20mm Picatinny rails, and the six screws add stability to the gun. The cantilever design allows you to adjust the position of your optic.
6. HIRAM Dual Ring Offset Cantilever Scope Mount
- QUICK MOUNT: Hiram’s lightweight 5.8-ounce scope mount comes with pre-set ring spacing and quick release screws to allow for fast and simple installation and swapping of your scopes
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Our cantilever mounts are constructed from lightweight and sturdy aircraft-grade 6061-T6 aluminum alloy; the torx screws are also heat-treated for added stability and strip prevention
- Dimensions: 5.3 x 2.4 x 1.8 Inches
- Weight: 5.82 Oz
The HIRAM Dual Ring Offset Cantilever Scope Mount is a lightweight 5.8-ounce scope mount pre-set with ring spacing for quick installation and easy alignment. This mount uses two rings and offsets cantilever arms to provide a compact, low-profile platform for your AR15 or other .223/5.56 caliber rifle. The HIRAM Dual Ring Offset Cantilever Scope Mount allows you to mount an optic on the top of your weapon, allowing you to use both eyes open when aiming.
It is made of 6061 T6 aluminum alloy, which makes it very sturdy and durable. This mount can be used with a Picatinny rail or Weaver-style base and allows you to mount your scope in an offset position, which reduces the weight on your rifle’s receiver.
The HIRAM dual ring offset cantilever scope mount is designed for the shooter who wants a more stable and repeatable zero. The offset design allows you to place your scope in front of the receiver, eliminating the need to re-zero when switching scopes, which can be especially helpful if you have multiple rifles with different power scopes or if you want to use a larger objective lens on a rifle that has limited mounting space.
7. Warton WOLFMTN Slim Profile Scope Mount
- Use this cantilever mount for mounting 1-inch telescopic sights onto flattop style rifles.
- The 2-inch offset of this cantilever mount positions the scope in a forward location, allowing the correct eye relief and head placement on your rifle.
- Dimensions: 7.8 x 2.8 x 2.28 inches
- Weight: 8.78 Ounces
The WOLFMTN Slim Profile Scope Mount is the ideal mount for flattop-style rifles. It allows you to use a 1-inch scope on your AR, AK or SKS rifle without having to drill and tap the top of your receiver. The mount has an integrated spacer system that will accommodate most 1-inch tubes from 32mm up to 36mm in diameter, and it also features a tension adjustment screw that will allow you to get the perfect fit for your scope.
The WOLFMTN 2-inch Offset Cantilever Scope Mount is a lightweight, durable and affordable way to mount your scope. The cantilever design positions the scope in a forward location, allowing the correct eye relief and head placement on your rifle.
Warton’s WOLFMTN Slim Profile Scope Mount is made for the AR-15 rifle platform. It features a cantilever ring mount that positions the center of the riflescope tube at the height of 1.59 inches from the base and weighs only 6.7 ounces, so it won’t weigh down your rifle or make it front heavy. This mount is constructed with 6061-T6 aluminum and hard coat anodized for added durability.
What To Consider When Buying Ruger AR 556 Scope Mounts
A scope mount is an integral part of any long-range shooting equipment. It keeps the optic securely in place during vigorous firing and also prevents it from shifting under recoil. The placement depends on your rifle’s model and caliber, but you should adjust it for personal preference as well.
- A good scope mount comes with a sniper-friendly height. It should not be too high or too low; otherwise, the shooter experienced fatigue and increased heartbeat during firing sessions.
- The weight of the gun mount is another consideration for people who plan to use their rifles for competition shooting, where speed matters more than accuracy.
- Some gun mounts have scope rings that can be adjusted for a custom fit. Others are specific to the rifle’s model, so if you plan on upgrading your firearm in the future, it might be time to upgrade the gun mount as well.
- A good scope mount should also be completely compatible with other parts of your long-range shooting equipment like the optic and bolt assembly. It should not hinder the function of those parts or lower their quality in any way.
- And unless you’re planning to use an open sight rather than a mounted one when firing from close ranges (50 yards and less), then focusing more on how easy it is to attach and detach your favorite optic at home might help narrow down your options.
- Finally, don’t forget to check out the reviews and feedback from other customers who’ve put this gun mount through its paces.
It’s a common misconception that a higher scope height means more accuracy. The truth is, many factors can affect your shooting experience, and it’s best to research before choosing the proper rifle scope for you.
It depends on your location where you are sighting your target. If you’re hunting from a tree stand or ground blind, consider getting at least 1/4 inch off the rifle barrel to allow for proper breathing while aiming. If you’re shooting from a prone position or standing up with a bipod, it’s best to put the eye relief about 1-2 inches above the top of the buttstock.
Weaver and Picatinny mounts are not the same. They serve different purposes, have different dimensions, and use a variety of mounting hardware. Weaver mounts are known for their broad compatibility with most firearms as they require only one screw to attach to the firearm. In contrast, Picatinny rails need two screws to mount them properly. The main difference between the two is that Picatinny rails offer more space for accessories such as optics or lasers because of their design. At the same time, Weaver mounts do not have any room for additional equipment on top of what is already mounted onto them, like scopes or flashlights.
When mounting a scope on your rifle, the first thing to consider is the distance from the barrel to the shooter’s eye. It should not exceed 12 inches, which can lead to neck strain and headaches. Mounting a scope too close may also hamper accuracy because it requires you to move your head around more during shooting. The best way to find out how far away your eyes need to be from the scope is by sitting down with a level surface in fronts of you, such as a table or countertop. Put one hand at either end of this surface and measure off 12 inches with your other hand between them; if this feels comfortable without straining your neck or feeling squished, then that should be about right for most people.
The best way to find the proper scope for your Ruger AR 556 is by reading reviews and then narrowing down on a few models that seem like they will be a good fit. To help you get started, we’ve compiled our top seven favorite Ruger AR-556 scope mounts, so read through these before making your decision.
We hope this article has made your decision a little easier. The Ruger AR 556 scope mounts we’ve listed above are some of the best on the market.