One of the most challenging things about living in an apartment is gun storage. You have to find a place that’s safe enough for your gun but accessible enough that you can get to it when you need it.
The solution is simple- get a gun safe that can fit into an apartment. It will give you peace of mind while keeping your weapons out of reach from children and burglars alike.
Table of Contents
The gun safe for an apartment is to store firearms and ammunition in a locked, secured space. It’s typically mounted securely on the floor of one’s closet or under one’s bed to not be noticeable by others.
Gun owners primarily use gun safes with children at home who want an extra layer of security on top of gun locks. Gun safes ensure that your weapons won’t fall into the wrong hands while you’re away from home.
If you are in a hurry, here are my top 3 recommended picks of the Best Gun Safe For Apartment.
Top 3 Best Gun Safe For Apartment
Have you been struggling to find the right gun safe for your needs? Do you need something that will be sturdy and reliable?
If so, you will likely be in the market for one of the top 8 best gun safes. There are many different brands today, but not all of them offer what is needed or desired.
5 Best Gun Safe For Apartment (Ranked And Reviewed)
We want to ensure that you get one with everything needed when you invest in a gun safe. It’s essential to pick out features and functions of gun safes from options before making any purchases, as they can vary significantly between models. The following list should help guide anyone who has never purchased a gun safe before.
- Dimensions: 48 x 24 x 6 inches
- Weight: 120 Pounds
- Material: Cold Rolled Steel
The MonsterVault Low Profile Under Bed Safe is the perfect hiding place for your guns in your apartment. This safe has a low profile so that it can be hidden under your bed or in closets.
It also has heavy-duty steel construction to prevent prying open. This safe is made of 16 gauge cold-rolled steel, making it extremely hard to cut through.
MonsterVault is a slide-out drawer safe that can be bolted to the floor for extra security. The digital programmable combination lock offers quick access to your firearm and valuables, while its unique locking system keeps it securely hidden from view.
It features a silent keypress option for quiet operation to access your weapons without making any noise.
2. Barska Quick Access Biometric Rifle Safe AX11652
- 【High Level Secure Rifle Safe/ DOJ Approved】BARSKA DOJ Approved Biometric rifle safes are the ultimate in quick access security solutions for rifle, ammo, handguns, and firearms
- 【Biometric Scanner/ Optional Silent Mode】Our high-quality biometric scanner allows access to your valuables in just 2.5 seconds with the simple scan of a fingerprint. It also has an additional silent mode for discrete access
- Dimensions: 132.5 x 25 x 22 centimeters
- Weight: 62 Pounds
- Material: Steel
The Barska Quick Access Biometric Rifle Safe is a great way to protect your rifle from theft. The gun safe for apartments has an interior space of 52” x 9.7” x 6.3”, enough room for most rifles and shotguns up to 4.
The interior walls are lined with foam padding, protecting your firearms against scratches. The safe exterior is made from solid steel, which can withstand forced entry attempts by burglars or intruders.
This biometric safe features an auto-lock system to be accessed in seconds with the touch of a finger. The quick access biometric fingerprint scanner allows for easy and secure access to the contents inside, allowing you to store up to 120 unique fingerprints.
It also features an override key, which can be used as a last resort if the battery dies or the scanner becomes inoperable. The Barska AX11652 quick access biometric rifle safe stores up to four rifles, ideal for keeping your firearms protected and easily accessible.
3. Moutec Large Rifle Safe
- ✅【Larger and Deeper Safe with Separate lock box】The safe is Larger and deeper safe stores up to 5-6 rifles /shotguns up to 50inches with/without scopes, Deeper than safes only 11inch and can’t fit scoped rifles. It also has a separate lock box inside to store small guns and other valuables in your home or office. Exterior Dimensions: 13.8”(w) x 12”(d) x 57”(h).
- ✅【Higher Level of Security】 This safe box is in high strength and solid structure. Smart technology secures contents away from kids, and others. Reliable lock mechanism lock away with the electronic keypad by creating your own PIN code or lock it with the backup key.
- Dimensions: 57 x 14 x 13.8 inches
- Weight: 67.1 Pounds
- Material: Alloy Steel
Moutec’s Large Rifle Safe offers a unique combination of security and convenience. This safe is an ideal choice for keeping your valuables safe from theft, fire, and water damage.
The safe is large and deep enough to store up to 6 rifles or shotguns with room for ammunition, while the heavy-duty steel construction protects against unauthorized entry.
This safe for an apartment is a secure and reliable way to protect your guns. The safe comes with a separate lockbox and can be accessed with an electronic lock.
It also comes equipped with an alarm that will sound if an intruder attempts to force their way into the safe. The alarm can also be turned off for silent mode.
4. AmazonBasics Steel Home Security Safe
- 1.52-cubic-foot home safe for storing important documents, jewelry, and other valuables
- Programmable electronic keypad ensures secure, easy operation; back-up key for emergency use; AA batteries required
- Dimensions: 16.5 x 13.8 x 13 inches
- Weight: 37.7 Pounds
- Material: Steel
Take your safety seriously with this AmazonBasics home security safe. With a sturdy and durable design, make sure your valuables are accounted for as well as anything you want to keep locked away.
The AmazonBasics Security Safe is perfect for storing your handguns and other valuables. This 1.52-cubic-foot safe features double-walled steel construction with a heavy-duty door that can easily be bolted to the floor or wall for added security.
The Amazon security safe is made of 14-gauge carbon steel. The pry-resistant concealed hinges on the door are designed to withstand attacks by crowbars and other prying tools. The concealed hinges are also protected by a thick dust cover that would be difficult for burglars to remove
This safe for apartments comes with an electronic lock to offer quick, easy access to your belongings. The keypad is programmable, so you can set a personal 4-to-8 digit code and quickly open the safe. The backup key allows for emergency entry when batteries die, or the pattern is forgotten.
It has pre-drilled mounting holes and hardware for floor and wall mounting, so you can place it in any room of your home or office and keep your belongings out of sight.
5. SentrySafe QAP2BEL Gun Safe
- Biometric gun safe provides secure storage for 2 standard handguns, or 1 large pistol and ammunition; Gun safe, safe features a fingerprint scanner for advanced protection
- Gun safe is equipped with a gas strut to instantly and quietly open the safe door for single-handed access to your handguns; Ideal for use as a bedside gun safe
- Dimensions: 9.8 x 16.4 x 3.2 inches
- Weight: 15.75 Pounds
- Material: Steel
SentrySafe has created the QAP2BLX Biometric Gun Safe, perfect for anyone with more than one gun and who wants to store them at home securely. The fingerprint reader is one of the best safety features of this gun safe for an apartment. Especially for people with busy schedules and a tendency to misplace things, it offers optimal protection.
A bright interior light allows you to see inside without opening the door fully or turning on other lights. A beautiful interior light lets you know what’s inside without opening it-or worry if there’s no different light in the room.
A digital keypad supports a traditional key mechanism with a backup which provides one last way into the gun safe. Additionally, the lock is designed to be difficult for burglars and locksmiths, which means they won’t be able to access the contents of this safe without your permission.
The Sentrysafe Gun Safe offers improved gas springs to provide a stable and secure lock operation for your guns and valuables.
For your SentrySafe QAP2BLX to be fully protected during a power outage, there are four alkaline AA batteries that it is recommended you purchase.
6. Barska AX11556 Top Opening Safe
- Secure Storage: Our safes comes with a 120 fingerprint biometric module that is easy to program.
- The Optional Silent Mode: The safe features a silent mode that enables stealthy home defense.Hydraulic-assisted top opening door
- Dimensions: 29 x 37.5 x 12.8 centimeters
- Weight: 9.53 Kilograms
- Material: Steel
Keep your guns or firearms safely stored with the Moutec Large Rifle Safe, which features a door secured by hydraulic pressure and steel plating that’s a minimum of 18mm thick.
With a quick scan of your fingerprint, the BARSKA Biometric safe unlocks with one touch of the button. In addition, this small handheld security unit can store up to 120 fingerprints in its central database for authorized adults.
With an average battery life of 12 months, you’ll never have to worry about forgetting your safe’s combination. With a backup key in case of emergencies, ensuring the safety of your home is easy and reliable.
This spacious, reliable safe offers many features to ensure your possessions are safe and sound. The pre-drilled holes make installation quick and easy. It’s perfect for any type of configuration in a closet or drawer.
This safe is highly sensitive, as it features a loud beep each time you open it. Unfortunately, this particular model has no holes for a scent that might help you find hidden items.
8. Viking Security Safe VS-20BLXV-Line 2912-S
- HIGHLY SECURE 8” x 12” x 8” BIOMETRIC FINGERPRINT SAFE – Unlocks Fast by Registered Fingerprint or PIN Code. Non-Volatile Memory
- FAST ACCESS PERSONAL SAFE FOR HOME & OFFICE DEFENSE AND PROTECTION – Upgraded 500 DPI Optical Sensor, Motorized 20mm deadbolt locking mechanism with 2 pry-resistant insertion slots, 5mm door, Seamless Laser Cut, Four Prong Backup Cross Key
- Dimensions: 7.87 x 12.2 x 7.87 inches
- Weight: 19.96 pounds
- Material: Steel
Forget unlocking clunky dial locks that take forever to work. With the Magical Fingerprint Scanner, a pin code, and your brainpower, no one will be able to get in unless they’re granted access to open the safe.
The VS-20BLX Viking Security Safe is the perfect choice to keep your family’s safety in mind. With built-in LED light for easy entry, this desktop safe can fit up to 5 guns comfortably enough.
This gun safe is made of solid steel (20 mm) and protects locking bars that can’t be pried out. It allows you to set up your VS-20BLX with a 3-step setup process: scan fingerprints (of all family members), set PIN codes, and store your guns safely.
The Viking Security Safe VS-20BLX is designed to silently notify you when someone’s been near or tried to get inside. It also can operate in sound and silent mode, ensuring no one will know how protected they are until it’s too late.
- Dimensions: 12.5 x 9.5 x 2.5 inches
- Weight: 4.27 Pounds
- Material: Metallic-Fiber
The V-Line 2912-S Top Draw Security Case offers the ultimate security for your handguns. This case features a five-button mechanical lock that is easily programmable to fit any combination you choose.
This security box is made of steel and has a top-draw design. The lock operates on five push buttons and a supporting clutch knob to fit your specific needs. Moreover, this security case features pre-drilled holes for mounting the unit to a wall or floor.
This safe for an apartment will not disappoint you during power breakdown hours as it takes no power or battery to secure your weapons. The interior is made with soft, plush material to protect against scratches and damage. The exterior is made of steel and coated with semi-gloss black powder.
If you are a gun owner living in an apartment, you may be wondering if it’s possible to have a safe on your property.
Many different types of safes can be installed and hidden inside or outside the home. So, for all of those who live in apartments and want to keep their guns protected from theft and children’s hands- here is how you do it.
The best way to secure a safe in an apartment is with bolt locks. Bolt locks are the most common and effective way to keep thieves out of your home.
When we compare gun safe vs. lockbox to store the weapons. We see Gun safes offer an additional layer of protection against unauthorized access by providing security features like live locking bolts, steel construction with fire rating, and hardened locks.
The lack of storage space leaves you with few options for protecting your belongings, and there’s no way of knowing who has access to the building after hours.
Now, if you are considering investing in a gun safe to protect your valuables? Here are some tips for selecting the best one.
Do you want a wall or floor mounted? A floor mount is more convenient but often requires access to electricity and water. It also limits where it can be placed. A wall mount takes up less space and leaves room for other things on the ground. You might need to hire someone with experience to fix a wall mount gun safe.